Augustine Kelechi, professionally known as Tekno is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, record producer and dancer who was born in Bauchi State and raised in different parts of the country.
|Full name||Augustine Kelechi (Tekno)|
|Occupation||singer, songwriter, and producer|
|D.O.B||December 17, 1990 (30 years)|
|P.O.B||Bauchi State, Nigeria.|
|Nicknames||Slim Daddy, Tekno Miles|
|Genre||Afrobeat, R&B, Hip Hop, worldwide|
Tekno Early Life And Musical Career.
Augustine Kelechi, better known by his stage name, Tekno is one of the most talented and commended artists in Nigeria. He is from Ivo Local Government Area in Ebonyi state but he was born in Bauchi State into a family of six and was raised by a military father. Because Tekno’s father was in the Nigerian Army, the singer grew up in different parts of the country. At the age of eight (8), he was enrolled in a music school where he learned how to play musical instruments.
It’s unarguable that Tekno has a great passion for music. While in school, Tekno started playing musical instruments, singing, and dancing. He gained his first recognition with the release of his debut single, Holiday, a superb track that features Nigerian renowned singer, Davido. He was signed into Made Men Music Group and K-Money Entertainment.
In 2012, Tekno was sighted in an event in Abuja with Nigerian singer, Iyayan and the manager of Made Men Music Group, Ubi Franklin and they became friends after Tekno’s outstanding performance of a song tagged “Onye Ne Kwu”. Iyayan and Ubi Franklin later convinced Tekno to move to Lagos state in Nigeria to accomplish his music dream. In 2013, Tekno was signed into Made Men Music Group where he released stunning hit tracks like Dance, Anything, amongst others. The singles were accepted by many and gained enormous airplay.
In 2015, Tekno released a track titled Duro that almost set the world ablaze. The track “Duro” was filled with so many positive energies and was accepted in African, and of course the United States. Duro was a hit and was produced by popular Nigerian disc jockey, DJ Coublon who was also commended for his outstanding job.
In 2019, Tekno was featured in Beyonce’s The Lion King album on the song, Don’t Jealous Me.
Tekno has also produced songs for Davido, Stonebwoy, Ice Prince, Flavour, DJ Cuppy amongst other top artists.
Tekno is currently one of the top 20 biggest Nigerian artists with an estimated net worth of $2.5 million. Tekno, since he joined the Nigerian music industry in 2012, has gained numerous endorsement deals, to mention but a few;
- He bagged an endorsement deal as one of MTN Nigeria ambassadors which worth a whopping amount of #18,000,000 (eighteen million Naira).
- He also signed a record deal with Sony Music in 2016 which worth $1.7 million, and so much more.
- Go and many more.
When talking about Nigerian celebrities that love luxury cars, talk about Tekno! Here are few cars in Tekno’s garage.
- Lamborghini Aventador; this luxury car features a two-seat leather interior with a V12 engine and is one of the most expensive cars of Tekno.
- Bentley Continental GT; this is the second most expensive car of Tekno. It worth #75,000,000 (Seventy-five million Naira)
- A Black Range Rover HSE: this also one of Tekno’s luxury cars. It has a black color exterior and leather interior configuration.
- 2015 BMW X6; this is among Tekno’s cars which was originally black but Tekno retouched it to bright yellow which suits his taste.
- Unlimited Rubicon Jeep Wrangler;
Tekno’s Luxury Lifestyle
Tekno is of the Nigerian artists who live a luxurious lifestyle. Check out some photos of him below.